Saturday 23 July 2011

Grammy Winner Amy Winehouse is dead.

           

The troubled 27 year old Grammy-winning singer Amy Winehouse has been found dead in her North London home. It is suspected that her life might have been taken by a suspected drug overdose, which she has battled for years.

The singer, who was to some as well known for her struggles with addiction as her music, was in rehab as recently as May and canceled a planned summer tour of Europe in June, following a disastrous appearance in Belgrade, Serbia.


Winehouse has had previous near-death experiences, including one her ex-husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, described in detail back in 2009. "I knelt over her as she kept on fitting. But then suddenly she just passed out and stopped breathing," he told The Sun. It was the most frightening thing I had ever seen. I felt sure I was watching her die right in front of me. I didn't know what to do or how to save her. I held her to me - and I thought she was dying in my arms. But somehow I managed to open her mouth and breathe air down her throat."

This is one saddening news as she was a talented singer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

speakers