Friday 4 November 2011

I Love Myself!


That picture has been my wallpaper on my phone for several months, and it always draws the same response whenever anybody grabs my phone…’you love yourself?’ and I always deliver the same response. ‘Yes, I do’.  A few people would go further to ask me why I loved myself, my response would be ‘and why not?’ the next question following would be ‘why can’t you love someone else?’ my ready response would be ‘if you don’t love yourself enough, how can you love someone else?’
Falling in and out of relationships has a way of taking something from you. You either give a lot and get a little or vice versa. With any change in relationship, you see a change in your personality. It’s not just me though; I see a lot of my female getting into new relationships with such eagerness and lots of expectations. And because of that, I see them change. They unconsciously change to suit the person they are with, whether it’s good or bad for them  and sometimes in the long run, there’s a dissatisfaction and then we begin to hate ourselves for making some of the decisions we might have made. I’m no psychologist, but you’ve got to love yourself enough to be able to love and appreciate another person. 
Loving yourself starts from loving your flaws: physical, emotional, psychologically. Loving all this about you makes you accept people for who they are, it makes you less judgmental about other people. Hence, the bible verse which says: ‘Love thine neighbor as yourself’. It’s only people who don’t love themselves that find the time to judge other people, criticize other people, and validate themselves through other people’s flaws.
If I must say, I’m one of the most misunderstood people I know. Yes, Me. I’ve gotten used to people criticizing and judging me before they even know me. When I’m jovial and friendly, I talk too much; when I keep to myself, I’m a snob; I’m too slim, not enough boobs…..  At some point, I began to adjust myself to suit people; I almost lost my self confidence. But in the end, you can NEVER satisfy anybody. The best thing is to love yourself the way you are. When you do, I think people would come to appreciate you for your worth. I’m not saying you should maintain or encourage a bad attitude if you have one, nope! Learning is progressive; keep the good, let go of the bad. At this point I’ll never let anyone make me feel less than my real worth. I Love myself. I don’t celebrate myself too much or berate myself too much either.
I love my 5’4’’ height, my naughtiness, my goofy way of laughing, the fact that I can be talkative and my few crazy moments. Yes, I love all these about myself and lots more. And anybody who has a problem with it should hug transformer shikena! LOL….

No comments:

Post a Comment

speakers