Saturday 18 June 2011

Toast me the old school way!

                               


I just recently went out on a date with a guy, He’s good looking, financially stable and seems to be all that in general. Our conversation was interesting, and as much as I enjoyed his company, he seemed to enjoy mine as well; which I think is good.


Fast forward a couple of days later, and a couple of interesting telephone conversations, I begin to tell myself, ‘this guy should ask me out now! Abi?’ Everything seems to be on point, so what is the dude waiting for? Why is he dulling? Anyway, on our next date, I mustered the courage to ask him if he was interested in going out with me or just enjoying my company as a ‘friend’; a girl needs to know now. Well his response was he liked my company and he’ll really like to date me in the future but for now, let’s just ‘hang-out’ and see how that goes. My next question to him was, ‘so what are we doing now?’ his response was ‘we are just hooking up, you know’. Well I certainly didn’t know, and I certainly didn’t understand either. What does ‘hooking up’ mean? Why is he waiting for ‘future’, when the future can as well be now. As far as I know, you like a girl, you have intentions of dating her, and then you ask her out. Period.

Whatever happened to the old school way of toasting? 'I like you, would you go out with me?' Now guys and girls are together, and they don’t even know if they are dating or not. I asked a friend of mine the other day, if she was dating some guy she seemed to be hanging around with a lot; and her response was ‘I’m not sure, we’re just hanging out, we’ll see how it goes’ WTH? FYI, this seems to be the latest scope for guys, they might like you but wouldn’t directly ask you out; so in case you’re hooking up doesn’t work out, they’ll say ‘after all it’s not like they asked you out. But if it does, you’re their girlfriend.’ Mscheeeew.

Meanwhile, just know that you might just be servicing him as his girlfriend oh! He might even introduce you to his friends, and tell them ‘She’s just my friend’ If that happens, he has no intentions of asking you out. It could also mean that he has commitment issues and doesn’t want to be tied down as well let you go. Worst case scenario, it could also be that the guy has a serious girlfriend outside the country or even a wife. tufiakwa!

Ladies please don’t dull yourselves, if a guy likes you, and you like him too then from the first moment you guys start to ‘hangout’, let there be a definition to it. Are you guys dating or not! If he starts giving you cock and bull story of ‘let’s hang out and see how it goes’, that means the guy is a confused person. He doesn’t know what he wants, cos if he wants you, and he’s sure he wants to be in a relationship with you, he’ll say so and not dilly dally.


                                         

3 comments:

  1. Sexy Cleopatra18 June 2011 at 16:01

    TRUE WORD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no part 2 to what you've said my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True talk. I remember this guy that i liked and i thought the feeling was mutual but he later told me he wanted me as ' friend with benefit' A.K.A Sex Buddie mschewww!

    ReplyDelete

speakers