Thursday 26 May 2011

Ssshh! Quiet in the Cinema!

                                      
Don't you just find it very annoying when you're in the cinema watching a movie, and someone or a group of people are chatting noisily around you? I find it absolutely rude and annoying because obviously some people don't know the etiquette involved  in a movie theater which is SHUT UP   or rather, Be quiet.


I mean, on the real, sometimes I have to restrain myself from screaming rude remarks at people who do such. The most annoying is when someone is narrating the scenes of the movie before it happens; and I'm wondering why they're watching the movie over again if they've watched it before. Are they purposely trying to piss people off or show off amongst their friends that they've watched the movie before? It's a movie cinema! you are supposed to sit quietly and watch the movie shikena! No harm done to yourself, no harm done to others....how hard can that be?  

This scenario, is particularly common with one Cinema in Lagos mainland (no names mentioned here!). This cinema, is always packed with students, who are always chatting loudly and making noise while the movie is going on. WTH?  I feel inclined to notify the management of that cinema, that whenever students come around to watch movies, they should be offered masking tapes as well so that they can seal their lips during the movie. I'm not trying to be mean here, only trying to protect the interest of sincere movie watchers. 

I was watching  this movie 'Priest' yesterday which by the way is a  dry movie, and because I wasn't enjoying the movie as I thought I would, I decided to console myself by getting comfy in the cinema; but that was sure not to happen as this loud mouthed boy decided to display his razzness by cracking irritating jokes. In my mind, I had slapped and beaten the crap outta him, but outwardly I had to keep my cool but not without throwing him a few daggers; but this surely did not stop him as he kept chatting loudly. Well, it got to me, but there was really nothing I could do but fume quietly; and at the same time made up my mind not to visit that cinema again.

What people don't realize is that sometimes it's not entirely about them; for people who love to watch movies, going to the Cinema is a lot of fun, and it's not fair that their moments have to be ruined by lousy loud mouths. So if you that kind of person who chats a lot in the cinema while the movie is going on, the next time you want to open your mouth, 'Don't'!

1 comment:

  1. You pointed out one reason why U̶̲̥̅̊ had experienced such a terrible time at that cinema,"students",this is bound to occur esecially when dey are in a group or click as dey wld just want to show of to deir peers ow fun or funny dey cld be(but when U̶̲̥̅̊ look at it from a mature sense dumb and loudmouthed).and once U̶̲̥̅̊ find such a group hang, ders only one tin dt matters to them and it themselves and ow much fun dey wish to derive from each others company. So do not blame dem my dear dey are only basking in " juvenile delinquency"

    ReplyDelete

speakers