Thursday 18 August 2011

'Hey babes, I'm preggers': Baby Mama trending!

      
 
Over the past few days, I’ve been over-whelmed with an issue that just doesn’t want to leave my hands. I’ve been saying to myself WTH?
So this is it yeah! Let me hit the nail on the head. Where do I start? Ok here we go.
Being a baby mama or daddy these days is just as common as having breakfast right? That’s probably easy to say, especially when it doesn’t affect you directly. Sometime ago, a close friend of mine got pregnant for her boyfriend, now she didn’t discover that she was pregnant until she was in Canada doing her masters. Worst thing is that she didn’t know she was pregnant until she was 5 months gone. Her boyfriend was furious, especially since the pregnancy was far gone, and the option of termination was definitely out of the question. Now, they agreed to get married and all, but at some point, the guy chickened out with the excuse that my friend was trying to trap him. I was furious, and so was she of course.  To cut the long story sha, they broke up, she remained in Canada with her son and the dooshbag of a father hasn’t set his eyes on his son nor contributed to his welfare.
That said; let me move on to the next story. Another of my close friends met a guy she liked and they started a relationship. Whilst dating, she realized her boyfriend was a baby daddy; his daughter was about 10months old. He told her he was through with the baby mother cos she was devious and all…the normal stories now. Anyway, my friend has been dating him for about 2 months now, till he broke news to her that another chic is 8 months pregnant with his child. Of course my friend is furious cos by her calculation, the guy had been cheating on his baby mama with this current pregnant chic. How does someone deal with a guy like that? My advice was to her was not to take the guy seriously.
Now another girl whom I know just discovered that she’s pregnant for her boyfriend. The guy has expressly said she should get rid of the pregnancy cos he wants nothing to do with it. She on the other hand insists she wants to keep the baby, but his answer is NO! As a matter of fact, He has even said that whether or not she keeps the baby, He wants nothing to do with her. She is confused, and has even considered removing the baby, she has even asked my opinion, but I would never support any of my friends in having an abortion, that’s just wrong. In my conclusion, I think the guy is a doosh of course, but my friend is equally stupid.
That’s not all; we are just getting to the climax of the series of my stories. Now this time, I am involved. Nope, I am not pregnant. Thank God for that. I broke up with my boyfriend a few months ago, and one of the reasons was that all this while, he never told me he was a baby daddy. And because he is British, and I very well know how ‘London boys’ so to speak are. I specifically asked him before we started dating if he had a child, and he answered no. But somehow during the relationship, it slipped from him. I was furious with him of course and it was easy to break up with him cos he in the UK anyways. But that’s not all though, I recently started dating this guy who has been my friend for a long time, so it was easy to fall into a relationship with him. Now I know him very well, at least to a relatively large extent; the point is that he has downloaded his gist to me, so I felt I knew everything there was to know about him. Until a few days ago when we were taking a drive and I felt something was bothering him and after much pressing, he told me. I can’t begin to explain the forms of mixed emotions I felt while he told his story. To cut it short, he had a fling with some chick late last year, she got pregnant, he told her to get rid of the pregnancy, she refused, and she just recently gave birth to a baby girl.
I’m wondering how come in the process of telling me about himself that it slipped his mind to say ‘oh yeah! Some chic is about to have my baby’. I definitely wouldn’t have gotten involved.
At this point, I feel like I’m wearing the shoes of all my friends; the one who is trying to balance the fact that her boyfriend has two baby mama’s and is not sure whether to leave him or stay, the one who was asked to get rid of her baby and is currently in a dilemma, and my other friend who was dumped while being pregnant. I also feel the pain of this girl who just had a baby for this guy I like, especially as I know that he wants nothing to do with her. My immediate thought is to move on; as I want nothing to do with all this drama, but how do I do that? So unconsciously, I’ve been screaming inside me WTH? WTH? WTH?
Why a girl would put herself in such a complicated situation, I can’t understand, is it worth getting pregnant for a guy whom you know would not marry you and wants nothing to do with you?; and how guys be so insensitive and mean I cannot grasp. The last time I checked, a condom is way cheaper than diapers. Wrap it up!
Am I ready to be in a relationship with a guy who just acted like the guys I’ve considered to be dooshbags? Am I sounding too judgmental? Is it worth it, especially when I like the guy? What advice can I give to my friends, when I can now feel their pain? Is it advisable to terminate your pregnancy when you baby daddy refuses to take responsibility? Cos being a single mother sure can’t be easy.
Your thoughts please!

6 comments:

  1. Omo i feel the pains of all the above persons.

    I know its wrong to remove a pregnancy but its also wrong to bring a child into the world to come and suffer.

    I no it can be difficult to have a child for a guy that is not going to marry you but to be honest the guys are not totally to be blamed cos even if u sleep with your boyfriend without protection , you as a girl should know you can take POSTINOR to prevent pregnancy.

    It really amuses me how girls want to blame guys entirely for their predicament which they actually caused by themselves.

    Lets begin to call a Spade a spade and not a shovel.

    Girls, you need to wake up and take responsibility on whether or not you want to be pregnant and do the needful.

    If you don't want to be a baby mama in the attempt to want to tie a guy down

    As for dating a baby mama, I don't see why not esp if he is single, eligible, responsible to duties as a father and not committed to the mother of the child.

    After all Shit happens!

    Just like I wont mind dating a girl that had a child for a guy in the past.Works both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion,the girls involved should brace themselves for whatever path they have chosen. It's bad enough that you had to fornicate, don't add murder to your list of Sins. They should keep their kids.
    As for the guys, hell might just be waiting for them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear iamtalkative, they say you can't help the people you like. Just because your boyfriend is a baby daddy is not enough reason to leave him. Just be understanding. He probably has his own issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What some ladies need to understand is that a guy is a guy, and that most of the time, they will have their way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My take on this issue may sound 'awkward' to some people, but why have sex when u are not married? God created sex for marriage. Now these girls are not happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Ope: this isn't about religion but logic... and yes it can be avoided. Anyhoo, ill suggest u activate your sixth sense to be sure your incumbent is truthful about not having any future commitment with his 'baby mama' and that he's rightfully performing his duties as a father. Moreover,He might genuinely wanna take things further with you and wouldn't want your prejudiced view to ruin what could be good...still, such a slip Is inexcusable. Its sad your friends' dilemma happen daily but then 'it Is what it is'...Activate your sixth sense.

    ReplyDelete

speakers