Friday 21 October 2011

Respect my space!!!

               


I haven’t blogged in a long time now, and there’s an explanation for that. I’ve been deployed to the Head quarters of my office and everything and everyone is so serious here or pretends to be. So most of the time, if I’m not busy, I’m either ‘forming’ busy or trying to keep a straight face. To be rather honest, I find this really annoying because I’m not much a ‘serious’ person if you get my drift. I prefer working environments where you can be relaxed, be yourself and everyone else respects your space.
Unfortunately for me, I sit right beside my manager and boy is she always trying to be in my business. WTH!!!! I have to always pretend to be busy. And when I’m actually busy, I stretch my work to last longer than it should. Proof reading what I’ve proof read a hundred times before. It’s actually becoming rather frustrating now. She checks my computer frequently to see what I’m up to…….Is there anything wrong in being less busy? Really? I can’t understand this lifestyle. The worst is when I’m on the net. OMG! When my boss sees me online, she believes I have nothing to do. Nothing to do? If I had nothing to do, I would be sleeping. And when I mean online by the way, I’m talking about a simply opening a Google page. Being online is not a sign of joblessness. I could be looking for information or entertainment maybe. And just so you might think that maybe I’m complaining or possibly acting lazy. I can assure you that I’m not. Some people are just workaholics, and they are working, they want the world to work with them.
The most ridiculous was when she commented on my using only one hand to type, and as far as she was concerned, it suggests I don’t have much to do. Hello? I’m preparing a boring report on Excel for crying out loud…. Am I supposed to both hands? She should see me now though; I’m using both hands to type out my irritation. And boy am I typing fast….
I’ve often wonder what I’m doing in this office, it’s not like I love my job (Oh yes! I need the money, I need to get paid).
But honestly, for the life of me, I can’t cope with this working environment. I like fun! Yes, I said it! Sue me! It’s not just work though, People think it’s cool to be in other people’s business. Everyone wants to know what you are up to; they want to see what you are doing and thereby validate or measure themselves through you. Some people would like to distract themselves with other people’s inadequacies so that they can feel good about theirs and themselves. I wish people would learn to respect other people’s space. And that involves my computer, my clothes, my food, my relationships and every other thing that is not your business. Respect my space please.
OMG! My manager is on her way to my desk….I’m out… xxxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

speakers